There are many types of industrial settings. Whether working on an assembly line or the warehouse/shipping department of a large company, there are ergonomic risk factors and poor work practices that can cause discomfort and/or injury while working.
JR Ergonomics can provide education and information on ergonomic issues, identifying poor work practices, evaluate the space, furniture and equipment, to provide viable recommendations & solutions.
Industrial Ergonomic Services include:
- Injury Prevention Education Presentation
- Employees learn how to prevent musculoskeletal injuries by identifying personal risk factors and modifying workstations and manual material handling activities to mitigate injury and workplace discomfort. Training can be customized to target employees, supervisors and/or safety teams.
- Industrial/Manufacturing Ergonomic One-on-One Workstation Assessment
- Provide hands on direction and education to employees as a routine preventative measure, as well as employees experiencing discomfort or injury created or exacerbated by the work environment. Thorough evaluation, recommendations and documentation ensure a clear customized picture of the issues and solutions for each individual/workstation.
- Craft Specific Stretch Program
- Custom designed stretches to meet the needs of the employee before, during and after their work shift; to prevent injury and create healthier, more comfortable and productive employees.
- Quantitative Job Demand Analysis (QJDA)
- Through observation and inquiry, a job can be analyzed to show the essential job tasks, amount of time spent on each task and the overall physical demand level of a job. This analysis fits under the ADA, ADAAA and EEOC compliant job description; which includes frequency, repetition, duration, force, work postures and environmental factors to create a thorough job description and analysis.
- Post-Offer/Pre-Employment Screening
- These tests are created and based on the essential job tasks in a job demands analysis to determine if an employee is physically able to perform the requirements of the job. Corroboration of validity is accomplished through incumbent testing to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of testing to prospective employees.
- Industrial/Manufacturing Ergonomic Consulting
- Assist in creating and implementing injury prevention programs.
- Help employers prevent creating risk factors when purchasing equipment, changing work processes or redesigning work areas.
- Provide feedback on changing work practices and equipment to reduce risk of injuries on the job.
- Improve communication for early reporting of injury and interaction with healthcare professionals for injured workers’ as needed.